Friday, October 25, 2013
24 Weeks
Remind me to stop taking pictures at 9 p.m. Yikes.
How far along? 24 weeks. Baby is the size of an eggplant. WHOA. That seems really big! Baby boy gained 4 ounces this week. His body is filling out with fat (I've been helping with that), and his brain is growing quickly. Taste buds are becoming more developed and lungs are are developing 'branches' of the respiratory 'tree'.
Total weight gain: 11 pounds so far.
Maternity Clothes: Yes. I can still wear some longer and looser regular tops, but I do like the fitted maternity tops for comfort and to show off the sweet bump, and I think we can all agree more fitted clothes make you look smaller than big drapey tents.
Stretch Marks: No, I think last week was a false alarm.
Sleep: This changes constantly - I'm aware of the irony. It's back to the stage where if I wake up to use the bathroom, it's hard to go back to sleep. I've watched a lot of I Love Lucy and Frasier reruns this week. Thank goodness for the Hallmark Channel and their full night of regular programming.
Best Moment this Week: Clothes shopping with my mom. We found so many cute things, and had lunch outside in the beautiful weather. It was such a treat to be off work and just enjoy time preparing for baby.
Miss anything? Besides the obvious, not really.
Movement: Yes! Feel him moving all day. He's especially active early in the mornings, and late at night. If this trend continues, we are in for an adjustment. He was super quiet all day Saturday after my longer run, and it made me nervous all day. But Sunday, he was back at it.
Food Cravings: Still love the salty more than the sweet. I downed some fried pepperoni (don't judge), wings and french fries for Matt's birthday dinner Friday without a thought.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Back to the whole 'taste of food in my mouth makes me feel sick' phase. The Dentyne Fire gum has been my go to.
Exercise: Yes. It's getting darker for longer in the mornings, so I've found a YouTube cardio workout I like. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I've been sore every day after doing it, so I've stuck with it. I'll usually run after work one day, do a day of upper body weights and a longer run on Saturday.
Gender: Boy!
Labor signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Really feeling pretty good! I don't think I've fallen prey to a lot of the symptoms I get in my weekly updates, so I count that as a win.
Most looking forward to: Putting the nursery together! We are also debating a 4D ultrasound. Did anyone do this? Recommend it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We did the 4D with Coop...probably won't do it again this time around. It's expensive and kind of weird-looking. I will say, we saw the pics and immediately knew that he looked like Jay (and we all know how that turned out). So if you get some good shots, it's pretty accurate as far as facial features and everything.
How exciting! I love following posts like yours, majority of the time it makes me so excited about becoming pregnant. :)
Post a Comment