Wednesday, October 2, 2013

21 Weeks



How far along?
 21 weeks. Hoping we are over halfway there and baby doesn't decide to come late. He is the size of a spaghetti squash! A spaghetti squash that is sitting on my sciatic nerve. More on that later.

Total weight gain: About 10 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes. Between what I've borrowed and what I've bought I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe. I may be singing a different tune in a few months. Announcement: the Gap Supersoft t-shirts and leggings are not false advertising. Super. Soft.

Stretch Marks: I haven't made a lot of effort to put on lots of lotions and potions, and that horrifies some people. Maybe I will start. But, I truly think stretch marks are genetic.

Sleep: Let me tell you about my best friend....the Snoogle. I thought I had a crush on it at first. Now I full on love it. It's cumbersome turning over in the night, but it's such a relief on the sciatic pain, it's worth it.

Best Moment this Week: Another sweet baby gift for baby boy! Also, getting closer to a name. I think.



Miss anything? Not really. Minus the pain in my tail, literally, I don't feel tons different. We are so enjoying getting ready for little boy.

Movement: I feel it more, but still not consistent. Disappointing for 21 weeks, but it is what it is.

Food Cravings: Nothing in particular. I've had a lot of cake this week. Mainly because it's there, and I pink puffy heart cake, but not so much a craving.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Overeating. The cost of family health insurance. I kid. Sort of.

Exercise: Baby and I ran 5 Saturday in the beautiful fall weather. To celebrate, I ordered a new pair of blue shoes.


Gender: All boy!

Labor signs: Nope.

Symptoms: The pain in the rear - literally. I broke down and brought my heating pad to work today. Remember that baby boy's head is a week ahead in size? And he's facing towards my back? That's a lot of pressure on the nerve. More reason for a pre-natal massage, right?

Most looking forward to: MS and I are taking a mental health day Friday to enjoy the fall weather and register when the store isn't too crowded. We'll see how much mental health comes of it, but I'm excited to spend the day with MS and plan for little boy, while sipping a salted caramel mocha.

3 comments:

Erika said...

Um NO JOKE on the family health insurance! SHEESH! That was an unwelcome surprise this week...

Chelsea said...

I loved my heating pad.. It has gotten me through a lot of nights.. My back is really starting to hurt....

Chelsea said...

I loved my heating pad.. It has gotten me through a lot of nights.. My back is really starting to hurt....