Tuesday, August 6, 2013

11 Weeks

Written on 7.23.13


 

How far along? 11 weeks. Baby is the size of a large plum. Sunburst can hiccup and hands can open and close into fists.

Total weight gain: I dared step on the scale and it was nothing so far - a sheer miracle considering the amount of Chick-Fil-A chicken strips that have passed through these lips in the past three weeks.

Maternity Clothes: Nada.

Stretch Marks: No.

Sleep: If I could check mark the pregnancy symptoms I would like, I would have gladly chosen exhaustion. This restlessness/insomnia is for the birds. On a related note, I've enjoyed many late night episodes of The Andy Griffith Show. Life lessons, I tell ya.

Best Moment this Week: Baby's first outfit from Mrs. Smith. The Royal Baby...oh, the excitement of watching alongside the relief I don't have to name Sunburst George or Arthur. 

Miss anything? A normal appetite.

Movement: Yes and no. As of this week, Sunburst is flipping, but nothing I can feel just yet.

Food Cravings: Salty. Me+Fritos = Love. Chick-Fil-A Diet Lemonade.

Anything making you queasy or sick: The taste of any food in my mouth. My oral hygiene would make 3 out of 4 dentists proud!

Exercise: I'm not very proud of my frequency, but I'm still getting out there. Pre-Sunburst days I was running 4 days a week. The past couple weeks have just been twice - sleep has won on Saturdays since it's just too hot after a 8 a.m or so. Hoping to get some weights in this week.

Gender: Still thinking boy. But everyone up to the royal family announced boys this week, so we'll see if we are trend setters or followers. Bottom line: I have no idea.

Labor signs:No thank you.

Symptoms: Dizziness - especially when getting up from the couch (to head to the kitchen - my favorite route). Good to know from this week's BabyCenter update, that's normal and I'm not being totally melodramatic.
Most looking forward to: 12 week appointment still trumps all.

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

Just now seeing this shout-out. Love it. Anything for Sunburst.