Written on 7.16.13
How far along? 10 weeks. Double digits!! Fingers and toes are no longer webbed and nails are forming. Sunburst can swallow fluid and is starting to kick. Vital organs are starting to function.
Total weight gain: Waiting until the 12 week appointment to assess the first trimester damage. Sort of wishing I hadn't eaten the entire box of Easy Mac Thursday night.
Maternity Clothes: Nope.
Stretch Marks: No.
Sleep: Still rocking the bendadryl. I'll try to wean myself at some point. But right now its the best relief I've got. PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT AWAY.
Best Moment this Week: Felt good all day on Saturday, so was able to clean the entire house (well, the entire downstairs) with the attention it deserves before we host a shower next weekend. It felt great to get that done, and have a sparkling house by the time the nausea returned on Sunday. Note: Namath is not allowed to shed this week.
Miss anything? A normal appetite.
Movement: No. The kumquat is on the down low still.
Food Cravings: Salty food seems to hit the spot. The Chick-Fil-A I had Saturday may have been the best thing I've ever eaten.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Got a peanut butter protein shake for lunch Friday. Won't be making that mistake again. Stopped for mac and cheese at Publix (don't judge me) and the hot bar worker had a DANGLING TOOTH. I could feel the wind of the tooth fairy circling. I'm embarrassed to say this did not deter me from my mac and cheese mission, but was the cause of some dry heaves.
Exercise: Also had my best run/walk since I found out I was pregnant. I plan to
blog about this at some point in the future, because it's a big learning
curve and comes with a lot of adjustment and worry (for me, anyways.) I
actually ran the whole last mile! I was pretty proud of myself. I was
not proud that I had to drop my Nike shorts for a potty break in the
woods halfway through. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.
Gender: A friend's mom who predicts these things and has only been wrong once, looked at my hand on Saturday, and told me B-O-Y. Time will tell. Like 10 weeks time. So. Far. Away. But, I'm thinking we'll have blue in our future!
Labor signs:No thank you.
Symptoms: Crazy vivid dreams. All this royal baby talk had me dreaming about the royal family. Specifically, I spent the evening hanging out with Diana (in her maternity wear circa 1980s) and she was FABULOUS. Charles picked me up from said evening, and broke down in the car about how he just really messed everything up with her. I cried right along with him. All was better though when we went ice skating at the palace.
Belly Button in or out: In.
Most looking forward to: 12 week appointment to hear the heartbeat. Closing out the first trimester and feeling footloose and fancy free to spread the news as I wish.

2 comments:
Erin...you are CRACKING ME UP. Hilarious!
Hilarous! Loving these posts!!! Dangling tooth, cue dry heeves here! And your pregnancy diet sounds like my regular diet!
Post a Comment