Thursday, January 23, 2014
36 Weeks
How far along? 36 weeks. Baby is packing on weight, at the rate of about an ounce a day. He's also shedding the waxy substance that covers his body, getting ready for all those first newborn snuggles. Can't. Wait.
Total weight gain: 22 lbs.
Maternity Clothes:Feeling large and in charge and most comfortable at home in some leggings and sweatshirts.
Stretch Marks: Nope.
Sleep: Not super tired, but I can sleep if I make myself stop nesting projects and go to bed. A lot of bathroom trips, and if I wake up, it's sometimes hard to go back to sleep. I've been catching up on lots of I Love Lucy reruns (4-7 a.m.) or Golden Girls if it's earlier in the morning.
Best Moment this Week: Dinner with Matt's parents to discuss plans for baby's arrival. Things are starting to get real, but at the same time, my mind cannot comprehend we will be loading the car and heading to the hospital in a matter of weeks.We also had Matt's work shower and were so excited to receive such sweet and thoughtful gifts. We are loaded and ready (as best one can be) for baby boy's arrival!
Miss anything? Beer. It doesn't help MS has made some sort of campaign to try every craft beer in Birmingham. Sigh.
Movement: Yes. I've been instructed to keep a closer eye on it, and some days he makes me a little nervous, but for the most part, he's pretty consistent and graceful, I might add.
Food Cravings: Hello, conversation hearts. Glad you've made your way to the point of purchase section of my local grocer. I heart you.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Too much ice cream at night makes me queasy. I battle through. It's a serious problem, but one can't dial back the Blue Bell Cookies n' Cream. I'll argue with anyone they make the best.
Exercise: Still doing what I can. Losing a little motivation, but I'm oh so close.
Gender: Boy!!
Labor signs: None whatsoever. Keep cooking.
Symptoms: Stomach has gotten really heavy, so I've had to slow way down. This is hard for someone with a new vacuum cleaner to play with and a dog that sheds constantly.
Most looking forward to: His birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It will be here before you know it. I went into labor at 37 weeks and did not have the car packed or the seat in yet. I was freaking out but it all worked out :) My advice is to get everything ready as if he is coming any day :)
Post a Comment