Thursday, May 2, 2013

PSA

I usually employ this space to talk about products I love. But I feel its my due diligence to warn others.


I found these at Target a few weeks ago. Specifally, the tan pair. My tan wedges are slowly falling apart, and hey! These were super cute and $30! I rung them up and went on my merry way.

And then I wore them and the merriment ended.

Insert tears and me dragging around what felt like bloody stumps of feet the majority of the evening. Bloody stumps is an exxageration. Blood is not. That cute little 'leather' backing literally cut tears in the back of my achiles tendon. Which got reopened on every run. I probably shed a tear or two as I waddled down 20th street.

Which brings me to these. They are heavenly, if this happens to you. Which hopefully, this PSA will prevent.

Despite being worn, I had no shame in taking these back to Target. I even was willing to show them my bloody feet, if it came to that. Fortunately, we didn't have to stoop to that level.
ETA: I've bought lots of wedges from Target with no problems whatsoever. So I don't think this is a get what you pay for lesson. I don't know that there's any lesson here except pain. And the importance of keeping your receipts.

3 comments:

Bren said...

Thanks for the warning! I too have fallen victim to nasty blisters... definitely picking up some of those fancy band-aids!

Cassie said...

Yikes! Thanks for the warning. Years ago, that happened to me with a pair of Payless wedges in New Orleans. I had to stay drunk the whole time to make it through the trip. Good thing it was NOLA?

Erika said...

OMG! I have totally been eye-ing those shoes at Target!! Thanks for the warning! I'm impressed they let you return them. The Target here gives you the side-eye even if it's unworn, tags on, with receipt. Umm....calm down, peeps.