Friday, October 12, 2012

Distressed

Somehow this week totally got away from me.

Last week, MS was gone alllll week long. Grizz spent allllll week alone in the guest bathroom. It didn't hurt my feelings in the slightest.

 

 As soon as I picked him up from the airport, we hit some stores to search for a piece of furniture for this space.

Somehow, I haven't seen the cable-wires-and-dog-bed looked in any of my recent Pottery Barn or Southern Living magazines.



 I knew we wanted something distressed and didn't have many requirements other than hold the cable box in one way or another. In a roundabout way, we found a piece here and snatched it up on Sunday.


  It was listed on the website as sold, so when we found out it never got picked up, it seemed to be meant to be. Love the tongue and groove look on the side, and the top is brown leather.



 Speaking of distressed, Grizz was none too happy that we had the nerve to MOVE HIS BED TO THE WHOLE OTHER SIDE OF THE FIREPLACE. If the Israelites can cross the desert, I have faith he can navigate himself to his new spot.



She had a couple more pieces I have my eye on. I thought she did great work and had some unique pieces. If you're in the area...









The rest of the week got sucked up in excel, meetings and proofing, but thankfully the weekend is here with plenty of time to spend  admiring my distressed furniture and distressed animal. Happy Friday!


2 comments:

Cassie said...

Love that and need to check out the shop for sure. Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Smith said...

Love, Love, Love it.