Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chicken Dinner

 Since the new year, I've been trying to branch out in my cooking. Thank God for Pinterest. It's the lazy way of scouring the web for good recipes. We try to eat healthy the majority of the time, so I've tried to steer clear of the cream cheese lasagnas, although they are beckoning to me. But, I couldn't resist this recipe. We did asparagus on the side. EVEN STEVEN.

The full recipe is here.
 
Panko Crusted Chicken Stuffed with Ricotta, Spinach, Tomatoes, and Basil:
  • 1 cup of low fat ricotta cheese
  • Small handful of baby spinach, chopped
  • Small handful of grape tomatoes, diced (remove the seeds if possible)
  • 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • Dash of oregano
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • Italian seasoned panko crumbs
  • 2 tsp olive oil (for the pan)
I tweaked it a little. We didn't use tomatoes, and used regular bread crumbs, because I was unknowingly out of Panko. The travesty.

 This was so easy. Mix all the ingredients, split the chicken breast, stuffed them, sealed with a toothpick, browned them in a hot cast iron, and put them straight in the oven to cook.

My mother in law knew what she was doing when she bought that cast iron skillet. This recipe was a winner.



 Nothing left to do but enjoy a shoe,


a glass of wine,

and a little Bea Arthur.

1 comment:

Lulu said...

That looks delicious!