Can't win them all.
Parliament. It looked so governmental, I was hoping we might see a riot. From a distance, of course. No such luck.
Parliament. It looked so governmental, I was hoping we might see a riot. From a distance, of course. No such luck.

Day one of people dressed too hot for the weather. I guess they don't have a choice...but still.

Me and some olive trees.
Incredible view. We were both representing - Roll Tide! I even wore my old school t-shirt, since the Acropolis is pretty old school.
Great picture to show our kids that once we were young, blonde and actually went places. I'm sure this will be received with an eye roll. I like it anyways.
It was so incredible to take it all in and imagine how much history took place here. It's amazing to me that it's still there and how great it looks, even if it does have cranes here and there. Anything that old deserves a face lift.
Namath would have been right at home in Athens. Dogs were everywhere. This was in front of a cathedral. They were so comfortable with all the crowds, sometimes you would have to step over them sleeping in the street. Sounds familiar.
After taking a detour and seeing most of Athens, we decided to sit at an outdoor cafe on the Plaka with a Mythos to kill a little time before we had to take the metro to our ferry.
Off to the islands!
The ferry to Santorini was around 5 hours. Luckily, it wasn't very full, since I didnt know to buy the airplane seats (read: indoor comfortable seating). Lesson learned. Unfortunately the cabin smelled like feet for most of the ride. Maybe because the guy beside us had his shoes off. I'm a regular Nancy Drew.


No comments:
Post a Comment