Friday, February 4, 2011

The Mrs.

Today is Mrs. Smith's day-of-birth. Let's celebrate, shall we?

Since Mrs. Smith is about to have a birth day of a whole different sorts, this year's celebration will be a bit different. But I will go to the karaoke bar if you really want to. And I will gladly drink your Dos Equis.

Mrs. Smith and I were pledge sisters in college, but we didnt become close friends until we left the sorority house and went from being seperated by some thin walls to just a few city blocks. Being 22 years old and working for companies that have been around for about 122 years makes you grasp for anything familiar and young. (It sounds totally ridiculous now, and I'm laughing as I type this). The emails we swapped were priceless as we tried to figure out life outside these four white walls.


Luckily, there was a central meeting place, a border, if you will, that we would often make a run to.



Yes, we ate the Taco Bell meat and it was delicious. These Border Talks were often the highlight of the work week.

Mrs. Smith was the MOST laid back bride. It was a pleasure to travel back to our college town and stand by her side on the day she became Mrs. Smith.

Who doesn't love a bride who drinks beer on their wedding day? 1000 cool points. I told you she was laid back.

Somewhere along the way, we both got on the budget train together and regularly emailed our latest find or accomplishment. It was SO nice to have someone on the same page as we were getting on our feet and planning for the future. Thanks Budget Buddy:)

Mere months ago, she stood by my side on my wedding day. She was a fantastic bridesmaid and went above and beyond to make planning easier - and budget friendly, of course.

Mrs. Smith is the type of friend who I know - from experience - will drop everything when you need help. I love the spirit of service and loyalty she posseses. She is a rock - not much can get her down or keep her down. I know she will make a wonderful mother in just 3 months (?!)

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Smith! I will bring you and baby Smith all the Taco Bell you want!


1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

1. This made me both cry and laugh simultaneously.
2. Can't wait to see y'all tonight.
3. Scrolling back up to re-read. Ah, to be 22-years-old again... we were so wise once...